Ashworth College
book2bake
2003-08-01 03:20:59 UTC
I recently enrolled with Ashworth College in February of this year. Is
there anyone that has had the proctor exam? If so, give me details of
how it is. Such as true or false or is it similar to the exams
online/in study guides? Also what course is anyone enrolled in. I'm in
Early Chilhood Education. Also is there any colleges that will accept
this to continue with my bachelor? Looking for some answers if
possible. My experince with Ashworth has been a pleasant one thus far.
I haven't completed the first semester but I'm getting close.. two more
course to take.

---
View this thread: http://www.online-college.info/article916.html
book2bake------------------------------------------------------------------------
book2bake's Profile: http://www.online-college.info/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=325
lburkard
2003-08-07 22:24:16 UTC
I am taking Psychology at Ashworth and I ahve had no problems so far. I
am looking for someone that has had the proctored exam too just to get
a feel for how to study for it. Let me know when you get to that
point. ***@pamunkeylibrary.org
Thanks

---
View this thread: http://www.online-college.info/article916.html
lburkard------------------------------------------------------------------------
lburkard's Profile: http://www.online-college.info/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=342
dominic
2003-09-17 16:01:44 UTC
*I am taking Psychology at Ashworth and I ahve had no problems so
far. I am looking for someone that has had the proctored exam too
just to get a feel for how to study for it. Let me know when you get
Thanks * ok guys I'll give you the details. It's open book open note, ok it's
about 3hours long you have 36minutes per subject. you have 5 subjects
that have 10 multiple choice questions . from each subject wich is 50
questions you have to answer in 3 hours you have to get 7 out of 10
right on all 5 subjects to pass don't worry if you fail any thing you
will be given asecond attempt just study take notes and use the
glossory, index to help you every things inthe book . trust me I've
done it 4 time and passed every time on the second attempt though. its
harder thanyou thinkin one way and easier in another. i'm not trying to
scare you ok if there is any thing that goes wrong onthe second attempt
and there wasextentuaing circumstances write the dean aletter stating
why you think you failed and please have proof of any extentuating
problems so you can be passed on to you'r next semester any thing else.

---
View this thread: http://www.online-college.info/article916.html
dominic------------------------------------------------------------------------
dominic's Profile: http://www.online-college.info/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=487
james1
2003-09-17 21:13:49 UTC
*I recently enrolled with Ashworth College in February of this year.
Is there anyone that has had the proctor exam? If so, give me details
of how it is. Such as true or false or is it similar to the exams
online/in study guides? Also what course is anyone enrolled in. I'm
in Early Chilhood Education. Also is there any colleges that will
accept this to continue with my bachelor? Looking for some answers
if possible. My experince with Ashworth has been a pleasant one thus
far. I haven't completed the first semester but I'm getting close..
two more course to take. *
These colleges accept transfer credits from DETC accredited schools,
like Ashworth.
1-Walden University
2-Oral Roberts University
3-Baker College

If these don't meet your needs I can supply others, but it's not a
problem to find more schools. Any good college guide book will list
many schools that you could contact.

---

james1's Profile: http://www.online-college.info/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=101
james1
2003-09-17 21:53:42 UTC
Here is a web site of schools that should be very user friendly towards
Ashworth.

www.detc.org/content/accred.html

---

jenden
2003-09-18 14:15:27 UTC
All of this information was very helpful, thankyou! I am just starting
my first semester in Computer Technology. I have to admit that the
idea of the proctored exam scares me. I currently have a 4.0 grade
point average in the school, and I have never answered a question
wrong. But I get the idea that the proctored exam is going to be a
little harder then the quizzes we take. Am I right in thinking that?

---
View this thread: http://www.online-college.info/article916.html
jenden------------------------------------------------------------------------
jenden's Profile: http://www.online-college.info/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=494
Raxit
2003-10-03 03:36:11 UTC
Hello,

Good to KNow that there are many people registred at ashworth college.

I am in Computer Information Management - Associates Degree. I had
took Protoctor Exam so If you need more information just email me at
***@hotmail.com

---
View this thread: http://www.online-college.info/article916.html
Raxit------------------------------------------------------------------------
Raxit's Profile: http://www.online-college.info/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=533
ray-ray
2003-10-03 16:02:13 UTC
I am enrolled in psycology at Ashworth, the proctored test are multiple
choice just like the lesson exams. Your supposed to complete the proc
exam in 3 hours. It's all open book and open notes with 10 questions
for each course.
A lot of online and distance shools exept DETC, Western Govenors
university is regionaly acredited and accepts Ashworth. I plan on
getting my teacher certification with them.

---

ray-ray's Profile: http://www.online-college.info/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=530
sanjovi
2005-08-11 01:43:59 UTC
Well, as most people has dpositive comments about Ashworth, I too fel
like enrolling in its program.....but, this forum has been quiet goo
in exposing its dirty practices.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff37687.htm

I preffer to better stay away from it

--
sanjov
sanjovi's Profile: 33
View this thread: http://forums.degreeboard.com/showthread.php?t=161
me4army
2005-10-23 17:38:26 UTC
My experience with Ashworth College has been very good. I earned my AA
in Criminal Justice this past May and now have transferred all m
credits to Southwest University to earn my BS. If one were to read al
the posts on "Ripoffreport.com" you would find that the majority wer
pleased with their experience with the college

--
me4arm
me4army's Profile: 37
View this thread: http://forums.degreeboard.com/showthread.php?t=161
DegreeInfo Fan
2005-10-28 10:20:22 UTC
--- quote ------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by me4army
I earned my AAS in Criminal Justice this past May and...

---------------------------------------------------------------------No
you didn't. You earned your AS, not AAS. There's a difference. All
of Ashworth's associates degrees are AS's, not AAS's. The AAS would
have only about half the number of "general education" requirements in
it as would an AS or AA degree. An AAS has considerably less utility
for purposes of transferring it into a bachelors completion program
wherein said AAS would be expected to count for the entire first two
years (lower division) college credit. Because an AAS is usually
around 10 to 15 hours short on "general education" credits, a person
who transfers one into a bachelors program should expect to have to
make-up those 10 to 15 hours with additional general education courses,
possibly making his bachelors, in the end, around 130 to 135 total
hours instead of the usual 120. A true AA or AS has the full
complement of "general education" courses, so it will usually count
toward the entire first two years (all lower division credits) of a
typical bachelors degree.

Just trying to get it straight so no one will be confused. Sorry if
you feel like I'm jumping on you or something... I'm not.

To get more good and accurate advice like this, instead of the typical
misleading/misinformed stuff that one tends to find here at AED or in
any number of other forums, point your web browser at the forums at
DegreeInfo!

http://forums.degreeinfo.com

Its critics -- which are numerous here -- will tell you otherwise, of
course. But DegreeInfo is the oldest and largest forum dedicated to
discussion about distance education; and it is the one whose members
are authors and educators and others who are truly expert in this area;
and most of the knuckleheads who post here are those who have been
thrown out of DegreeInfo because they're diploma mill shills.

Don't believe it? Watch, now, what kind of immature, vile,
foul-mouthed, ignorant criticism of this post -- and DegreeInfo, just
generally, elsewhere around here -- ensues. Then compare that with
what you get at DegreeInfo. The difference is clear.
Guest
2005-10-28 14:34:41 UTC
another degreeinfo shill-

There are numerous forumns with lots of good advice and most of them
have authors, educators and students. Try them all for your best fit-
http://forums.degreeboard.com/index.php
and
http://www.aimoo.com/forum/freeboard.cfm?id=609377
heather45308
2006-04-14 23:50:58 UTC
I am not going to go through all the problems I have had with Ashwort
but I will tell you to think twice. I have read people defendin
Ashworth saying that they have had no issuse with classes transferring
Well let me just let you...if you are thinking about transferring to an
college after completing any Ashworth classes call that college. I hav
been unable to find any college that will take their credits! Upo
expressing this to the "school" they told me that they never guartee
anything to me. I could go on with many other problems but I am no
going to slam the school to the point that others are not going to tak
this warning to heart. Please look into this school
check the bbb I should have

--
heather4530
2014-06-12 15:58:46 UTC
Post by book2bake
I recently enrolled with Ashworth College in February of this year. Is
there anyone that has had the proctor exam? If so, give me details of
how it is. Such as true or false or is it similar to the exams
online/in study guides? Also what course is anyone enrolled in. I'm in
Early Chilhood Education. Also is there any colleges that will accept
this to continue with my bachelor? Looking for some answers if
possible. My experince with Ashworth has been a pleasant one thus far.
I haven't completed the first semester but I'm getting close.. two more
course to take.
---
View this thread: http://www.online-college.info/article916.html
book2bake's Profile: http://www.online-college.info/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=325
Congrats! I hope you continue to do well in Ashworth. How about submitting a review to Ashworth success story.

http://www.ashworthcollege.edu/why-ashworth/success-stories