AMBAI, Is this a scam?
wendyhkg
2003-07-11 14:25:35 UTC
As I was searching for an online degree program, I came across this
school. Is anymore here aware of this one, it's called AMBAI - American
Management and Business Administration Institute which is located
somewhere in MA, here is their website www.ambai.org Well it does look
like a diploma mill to me, but I want to hear what you think about this
school.

---
View this thread: http://www.online-college.info/article803.html
wendyhkg------------------------------------------------------------------------
wendyhkg's Profile: http://www.online-college.info/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=199
wendyhkg
2003-07-11 15:59:32 UTC
I referred to it as degree mill obviously because it is not accredited
by any recognised accreditation agency. And I also noticed that their
degree program only consists of 4 to 5 subjects which can be completed
in less than a year.

---
Sammy
2003-07-11 20:16:28 UTC
have you heard of http://e-learningaccreditation.org/index.html

is it a real accredition org?

thanks
Sammy

---

Sammy's Profile: http://www.online-college.info/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=251
Rich Douglas
2003-07-11 23:03:40 UTC
Depends, I guess, on your definition of "real."

They might very well be a real accreditor. But they are not a recognized
accreditor. As such, accreditation by this body has no academic meaning.

--
Rich Douglas
BA (Sociology), The Unversity of the State of New York
nomehero
2003-07-18 13:36:20 UTC

Isnt it worth for people trying to gain knowledge rather than use these
diplomas and degrees for careers. For instance Iam a computer science
graduate and would certainly like to get a diploma or degree in the
field of Finance, but my main problem is i can only do distance
learning. As far as I see not many universities provide that option to
Asian students.

Are there any accredited distance learning programs that I could apply
for?

Regards,
Syed Irtaza Ali
Pakistan.

---

nomehero's Profile: http://www.online-college.info/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=271
koalmnr
2003-07-21 15:56:07 UTC
See: http://collegedegrees.tripod.com/
*Thanks for the urls. I would also appreciate if you could provide me
links to Universities from UK, US providing online/distance education
for MBA Finance programs. *
---
View this thread: http://www.online-college.info/article803.html
koalmnr------------------------------------------------------------------------
koalmnr's Profile: http://www.online-college.info/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=238
Dennis Ruhl
2003-07-21 19:36:39 UTC
Also see Jonnie's Distance Learning Page

http://www.geocities.com/liu_jonathan/distance.html

---
View this thread: http://www.online-college.info/article803.html
Dennis Ruhl------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dennis Ruhl's Profile: http://www.online-college.info/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=70
kmaltman
2003-09-16 18:17:01 UTC
Hi

In answer to your question about AMBAI. Have a look at the site, and
read it carefully, it is exactly what it says it is, no more, no less.
It's unusual, very low costs. I have done an associates degree there
(as a warm up for my MBA) which I'm doing at one of England's top
universities.

Personally I thought the courses were good value for money. But it may
depend of what you want the degree for as to whether it is of any use
to you.

---
View this thread: http://www.online-college.info/article803.html
kmaltman------------------------------------------------------------------------
kmaltman's Profile: http://www.online-college.info/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=486
novemberdude
2003-09-16 18:29:14 UTC
USA (there are quite a number, here is one): www.bellevue.edu

I believe Baker College (www.baker.edu) also offers a MBA with a
finance concentration.

If you wish to do further research I would suggest checking out either
Business Week or US News and World Report, both have lists of online
MBA programs.

UK: www.londonexternal.ac.uk (they offer MSc and MBA degrees. They
have a MSc specifically in finance. The MBA is general).

---
View this thread: http://www.online-college.info/article803.html
novemberdude------------------------------------------------------------------------
novemberdude's Profile: http://www.online-college.info/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=483
novemberdude
IUGrad
2003-09-16 19:30:27 UTC
I think Indiana University/Bloomington has an on-line MBA through the
Kelley School of Business. You have to go to the main website for IU
Bloomington and search for it through the Kelley School of Business. I
can't remember the address. www.indiana.edu might get you close.

Also Amberton University has several business degrees through
distance/e-learning that one might find interesting or useful.
www.amberton.edu

---
View this thread: http://www.online-college.info/article803.html
IUGrad------------------------------------------------------------------------
IUGrad's Profile: http://www.online-college.info/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=372
kmaltman
2003-09-17 07:21:35 UTC
Sorry if I have replied to the wrong post.

My MBA is entirely online, no campus required (no exams either, but
it's not an easy option trust me)

It's entirly genuine run by University of Liverpool which has been in
the UK's top red bricks top twenty every year for about the last 100
years. The University deals with the academic part, but they have an
e-learning partner Kit e-Learning who facilitate the online structure,
the final degree is issued by Uni Liverpool identical to those issued
to students attending conventional courses.

There is a choice of electives. They also offer an online MSc IT.

The courses are very international, students from all over the world.

You need to approach
Kit e-learning to get on the course, they handle everything, except
grads and marks. All the web addresses I have you need a password to
get in, so they wont be any use to you. You should find it with a
search engine, any prob let me know and I will get it.

Also dont forget the Open Universtiy they do MBA's and they are the
biggest online Uni in the world. I was with them, but I got offered a
Scholarship from Liverpool so I changed.

Keith