Reputation of Royal Roads University MBA programs
Nathan
2005-06-05 04:34:40 UTC
I'm looking for up-to-date opinions regarding the reputation or general
acceptance of MBA programs at Royal Roads University in Victoria, BC,
Canada. Alumni responses would be of great benefit.
Thanks
Nathan
Freddie Newsgroup
2005-06-07 23:09:28 UTC
I am in the middle of applying and entering their Masters in Communications
program. They have a very good reputation as they are a publically funded
and accredited university that is moving fast to becoming a well respected
school.
Hi,
Nathan
Nathan
2005-06-08 00:01:55 UTC
Thanks Freddie,
If you don't mind me asking, what schools did you look at and why did
you make the choice of Royal Roads?
Some of my own considerations: I live in the greater Victoria area
and, therefore, was not scared off by their residency requirements.
The price seems rather steep, especially since UVic offers in-class
instruction for ~$28000 (as opposed to RR's $33000). I understand that
RR is gaining a really good reputation for their executive training
courses (outside of MBA studies). Not bad for such a new university.
Thanks
Nathan
Post by Freddie Newsgroup
I am in the middle of applying and entering their Masters in Communications
program. They have a very good reputation as they are a publically funded
and accredited university that is moving fast to becoming a well respected
school.
Hi,
Nathan
Dennis Ruhl
2005-06-08 22:08:40 UTC
You could do worse - you could spend like $70,000 on Queen'
University's dumbed-down MBA so Royal Roads dumbed-down MBA seems lik
a bargain. Many dumbed-down MBAs from good American schools can be ha
for under $12,000US and a dumbed-down MBA from a cheap unknown bu
accredited school for $5,000US

--
Dennis Ruh
Dennis Ruhl's Profile: 12
View this thread: http://forums.degreeboard.com/showthread.php?t=561
DRJ
2005-06-09 03:07:04 UTC
Hi Dennis. Any MBA programs that are not "dumbed down

--
DR
DRJ's Profile: 18
View this thread: http://forums.degreeboard.com/showthread.php?t=561
Dennis Ruhl
2005-06-09 20:54:34 UTC
Hi Dennis. Any MBA programs that are not "dumbed down"
I do have a dumbed down distance MBA. It is about half the program o
my 2nd degree 20 required course Bachelor of Commerce.

When I did my brick and mortar schooling 20-30 years ago an MBA was
20 course program with intro courses in all fields and a major. No
many of them are 10-12 intro courses often lacking at least 2 rea
accounting courses and multiple math and stats. The MBA was a
academic step toward a doctorate, not a business right of passage.

I am sure that any schools that have a 2 year MBA or have a 15-1
course MBA with undergrad pre-requisites are not dumbed down.

For reputation, I think Royal Roads is good perhaps a carryover fro
its previous incarnation as a federal military college

Alan
2005-06-10 15:25:59 UTC
w***@gmail.com
2013-04-09 04:38:46 UTC
Full time MBA programs can search online and you can go online to know about the repudiated universities that can have good placement record.

http://www.thunderbird.edu/